Andrew Campling, General Manager for London, Southern and Eastern England, BT; Alderman Dr Andrew Parley, the Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of London; Anthony Thomson, Founder & Chair, Atom Bank; Peter Pledger, CEO, NSAFS
The Skills Academy held a national conference “Skills and Apprenticeships in Financial Services” on 15th June 2017 at the BT Centre, aimed at senior leaders in the financial services sector.
The conference featured a series of high-profile speakers discussing present skills gaps and future skills needs in financial services, investigating the opportunities and challenges posed by the ongoing developments of Fintech, the current Brexit negotiations, and the new apprenticeship levy that will generate over £250 million from the sector each year, and how financial services firms can adapt to meet them.
Speakers and panellists included:
- Alderman Dr Andrew Parmley, The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of London
- Sir Brendan Barber, Deputy Chairman to the Banking Standards Board
- Anthony Thomson, Founder and Chairman of Atom Bank and co-founder of Metro Bank
- Jacqueline Davies, Master of the Guild of HR Professionals and former HR Director of the Financial Conduct Authority
- Nicola Green, HR Director from AXA Insurance
- Liz Moody, Senior Lecturer, Executive Education, The Open University
- Mike Thompson, Director Early Careers, Barclays and member of the Government Apprenticeship Delivery Board representing Financial Services
- Amanda Gethin, EY EMEIA FSO Talent Leader, EY
- Bob Soper-Dyer, Head of BT Apprenticeships, BT
- Jonathan Barton, Education and Skills Consultant, PA Consulting