The Skills Academy is convening a national conference “Skills and Apprenticeships in Financial Services”, aimed at senior leaders in the financial services sector. Featuring a series of high-profile speakers discussing present skills gaps and future skills needs in financial services, the conference will investigate the opportunities and challenges posed by the ongoing developments of Fintech, the current Brexit negotiations, and the new apprenticeship levy that will generate over £250 million from the sector each year.
Confirmed speakers to date include:
- Simon Kirby MP – Economic Secretary to the Treasury
- Guy Opperman MP – Lord Commissioner of HM Treasury
- Alderman Dr Andrew Parmley – The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of London
- Sir Brendan Barber – Deputy Chairman, Banking Standards Board
- Anthony Thomson – Founder, Atom Bank; Co-Founder, Metro Bank
- Jacqueline Davies – Master of the Guild of HR Professionals; former HR Director, FCA
- Nicola Green – HR Director, AXA Insurance
- Liz Moody – Senior Lecturer, Executive Education, The Open University
The event will be held on Thursday 15th June 2017 at 10am to 4pm with a drinks reception to follow until 5.30pm at the BT Centre in the City of London.
Buy tickets now via Eventbrite